When it comes to standing on your feet all day as a nurse, great footwear makes a huge difference in how you feel at the end of your 12-hour shifts. But if you have special considerations (like flat feet), finding the right footwear can be a challenge. Here are the best nursing shoes for flat feet.
Any job that requires standing for the majority of your work hours can be tough. But when it comes to nursing, it’s even worse because how you feel can impact the care you give to your patients.
Comfortable work shoes with proper arch support are a must for healthcare workers – especially nurses. Wearing the right kind of show can make long 12-hour shifts pass more comfortably and help prevent unwanted foot pain and back pain.
- The Top 9 Nursing Shoes For Flat Feet
- 1. Nurse Mates Women’s Velocity Medical Professional Shoe
- 2. Sticky Waterproof Non-Slip Pro Shoes
- 3. Dansko Women’s Professional Clog
- 4. Alegria Women’s Keli Professional
- 5. Skechers Women’s D’Lites Memory Foam Lace-up Sneaker
- 6. Hawkwell Women’s Lightweight Nursing Shoes Comfortable Work Shoes
- 7. VANGELO Professional Slip Resistant Clog
- 8. Hawkwell Women’s Lightweight Comfort Slip Resistant Nursing Shoes
- 9. Crocs The Clock Clog
- More Shoe Resources For Nurses
Moreover, choosing the best shoes isn’t only about comfortable footwear for spending long hours on your feet. Hospitals often have slippery floors, which can cause dangerous conditions.
In addition to having footwear that prevents severe pain, healthcare professionals want the best work shoes that have essential features such as
- Slip-resistant outsole
- Excellent arch support
- Removable insole
- Roomy toebox
- Breathable materials
- Superior shock absorption
As a nurse who has the role of caring for others, it’s important to care for yourself first. With the factors listed above in mind, here is a list of the best nursing shoes for flat feet that all health professionals (including nurses and medical students) can use.
The Top 9 Nursing Shoes For Flat Feet
Nurses frequently suffer from sore feet due to spending so much time standing on hard surfaces during their long shifts. Even more, nurses who have flat feet are more prone to dealing with plantar fasciitis, making it even more important to find the perfect pair of shoes with extra support.
Here are the best work shoes for nurses who have flat feet to provide comfort, safety, style, and durability!
Nurse Mates is a trusted brand in the medical field for their comfort and construction. These shoes are sneaker-style and come in a variety of colors.
- Cost: $55 – $95 (depending on size and color)
- Features: Leather with a slip-resistant rubber sole, lightweight, no-tie adjustable laces
- Pros: I love that these shoes have great support in the form of aligning corrective orthotics built in to help distribute your weight evenly and prevent foot pain.
- Cons: Some customers have said that they received a different brand of shoe, but overall, customers find these shoes cute, affordable, and supportive.
This clog-style shoe is built for ease and comfort. Easy to slip on (and off) and easy to clean, these shoes are a dream if you like this shoe style. And it’s available in a wide range of colors!
- Cost: $50
- Features: 100% synthetic material with a slip-resistant feature, padded collar, and soft fabric lining for all-day comfort
- Pros: I love that these shoes are waterproof with an absorbent insole to keep your feet dry and comfortable all day.
- Cons: A few customers have said that their shoes cracked after purchase, but overwhelmingly customers say that these shoes are a steal and very comfortable.
Dansko nurse shoes are a proven favorite among nurses for their classic, well-made design. They provide excellent support (perfect for nurses who suffer from plantar fasciitis) and a classic range of colors.
- Cost: $75 – $250
- Features: Leather material with slip-resistant soles, lightweight, raised heel design, true to size.
- Pros: These shoes have great arch support and a wide toe box to keep you comfortable on your long shifts.
- Cons: Cost. These shoes can be very expensive, but they last for years.
Just look at the reviews on these shoes! Here’s another clog-style of shoe that makes slipping them on and off easy peasy. If you love comfortable shoes with a wide range of available colors, this one is for you!
- Cost: $150
- Features: 100% leather upper material with slip-resistant soles, removable footbed with excellent arch support.
- Pros: These shoes are Certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association as recommended footwear.
- Cons: I saw a couple of reviews that said that even though the shoes are incredibly comfortable and great for bunions, they aren’t breathable and are terrible for sweaty feet.
Skechers has proven time and again they know how to make a comfortable shoe for medical professionals and anyone who spends long hours on their feet.
- Cost: $40 – $135 (depending on size and color)
- Features: Leather and synthetic materials with slip-resistant rubber soles.
- Pros: These shoes have padded collars, ankle support, and a thick midsole for completely shock-absorbed walking.
- Cons: These aren’t necessarily the cutest shoes, but they are functional and extremely comfortable.
Hawkwell is a trusted name for shoes. Not only are they well-made, but they have a sleek, classic design that looks great all the time.
- Cost: ~ $40
- Features: Full-grain synthetic leather upper material that’s stain-resistant, lightweight, removable memory foam footbed.
- Pros: Boast a sporty yet professional look with a slip-resistant outsole.
- Cons: These shoes are only available in classic colors. If you want colorful shoes, these probably aren’t what you want.
Just look at the reviews on these shoes! Here’s another clog-style of shoe that makes slipping them on and off quickly. If you love comfortable shoes with a wide range of available colors, this one is for you!
- Cost: $50 – $60
- Features: Rubber slip-resistant soles, lightweight, supportive Ortholite removable insole, fully washable.
- Pros: These shoes are Certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association as professional footwear for better foot health.
- Cons: These shoes can run small, so double-check the listing and order a half size larger than usual.
Here’s a slip-on version of the Hawkwell shoe I mentioned earlier. Like the other shoe, this model is well-constructed and very comfortable but isn’t available in a wide range of colors.
- Cost: $40
- Features: Synthetic leather upper material with slip-resistant soles, lightweight, easy to clean design.
- Pros: Very affordable shoe, durable.
- Cons: These shoes tend to run large in certain sizes. Check the information page and consider ordering a ½ size smaller than normal.
If you’ve never worn Crocs before, you have been missing out! These shoes are the ultimate in comfort thanks to their cushioned footbeds, leaving you with the feeling that you’re walking on a cloud.
- Cost: $40
- Features: Comfortable design with a flat heel, easy to clean with soap and water, enclosed design to prevent spills from landing on your feet.
- Pros: Cute, simple design available in a variety of colors.
- Cons: The fully enclosed design can be a downside for people who tend to have sweaty feet.
I hope this post helps you find the best nursing shoes for flat feet. If you find yourself dealing with foot and back health problems, make sure you pair good compression socks with good shoes, and you may need to replace your shoes even if they look ok on the outside.
More Shoe Resources For Nurses
- 7 Best Brooks Nursing Shoes
- Best Shoes for Nurses in 2021
- Nurse Croc Charms Guide – Nursing Jibbitz for Crocs
- 5 Best Orthopedic Nursing Shoes
- Calzuro Professional Clogs – Hospital Shoes You Can Sterilize
Download Nurse Bingo Today!
Liven up any shift with a fun game of bingo. See who can fill a row first!
Fill a whole card and lose grip with reality.
Your privacy is protected. We will never spam you.