When I signed up to be a nurse, I knew that it came with long hours standing and many miles on my feet. Even so, I didn’t anticipate all the pain and soreness associated with that. My husband didn’t foresee all the foot rubs that would come along with it either. However, as much as I enjoyed the extra time and attention from my husband, I would have preferred not to spend the later half of most of my shifts experiencing leg and foot pain. It wasn’t until a couple of years into my nursing career that I realized something was lacking in my nursing gear: compression socks.
Why hadn’t anyone told me about compression socks in nursing school? I mean sure, we discuss compression hose and socks for post-operative patients as a tool to prevent blood clots and promote circulation. But I didn’t realize that the same devices that helped patients in their recovery process could help nurses better care for their legs.
Why Every Nurse Should Wear Compression Socks
Compressions Socks Reduce Soreness
Nursing is hard work. The hours are long, and the work is challenging. It stresses your body and your mind. While there are some that think the soreness is just par for the nursing course, I for one believe that unnecessary pain is for the birds. I look for any and every way to alleviate or prevent any physical discomfort. Fortunately, compression socks help increase circulation of blood flow and oxygen. This helps remove the lactic acid from building up in the muscles.
Compression Socks Reduce Leg Swelling
After working a 12 hour day, swollen legs and feet are almost guaranteed. You may be able to prop your feet up and get your significant other to give you a foot rub to reduce this issue, but wouldn’t it be great to avoid it altogether? Compression socks have been proven to reduce swelling.
Compression Socks Reduce Spider and Varicose Veins
Standing for extended periods of time can cause varicose veins by allowing blood to pool and enlarging veins in your lower extremities. Even if you love the color blue, you probably aren’t in love with the thought of your legs starting to resemble the aftermath of a blueberry pancake food fight. Just because nurses wear scrubs at work, doesn’t mean you should feel the need to cover up those beauties when you’re off the clock. However, it can be awkward and uncomfortable to let your stems show if you have developed spider veins. Luckily, compression stockings help relieve symptoms and slow the progress of varicose veins.
Your Dress Code Doesn’t Impact Your Sock Choice
Compressions socks come in many fun and funky colors and patterns. Even the most strict hospital uniform policy is probably not going to have any rules when it comes to the color or pattern of your socks. You can jazz things up a bit, and increase your mood and confidence, by wearing something that makes you feel fabulous. Under your solid scrubs, you can rock some amazingly stylish and expressive compression socks.
You Should Love Your Legs
Your legs work hard every day and don’t get the level of respect they deserve. Seriously, when is the last time you pampered those beauties? Do you get enough pedicures? Do you give them rubdowns daily? What are you doing to give your legs (and yourself) some love? Compression socks give your legs tight hugs all shift long and can help keep your legs looking and feeling fantastic. You and your legs deserve it.
Get Compression Socks to Fit Your Needs and Your Personality
A great part of compression socks does the following:
- They don’t roll down your legs. They stay put and won’t slip or slide down.
- They have some anti-microbial agent so your feet won’t stink
- They are aerated and won’t make your legs feel hot or itchy
- The compression socks are the proper compression for nurses on their feet all day: 20-30 mmHg compression
Great Compression Socks for Nurses
These box plain compression stocking are super cute and have 15-20 mmHg of compression!
These compression socks receive great reviews from nurses and athletes alike. They also have the needed 20-30 mmHg compression and come in a variety of colors and styles.
These compression socks feature fun color hearts as well as 20-30mmhg of graduated compression. This results in “better blood circulation as strongest compression happens at the ankle, and gradually decreases moving up the leg.”
- THE FIT YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR: Forget flimsy, ugly, itchy synthetic hoses and boring, medical socks and enjoy the natural feel of cotton on your calves and feet. SocksLane Cotton Compression Socks are made for everyone who needs stylish support and long-term comfort. FEEL THE DIFFERENCE TODAY and enjoy the natural feel of cotton on your legs and feet.
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND: Our Graduated circulation socks are more than just a solution to relieve edema, achy legs, plantar fasciitis and the risk of DVT on airplanes. Perfect for runners, nurses, maternity, flight, travel, pregnancy, and for every lady, plus size man or sport athlete who prefer natural fibers to synthetic materials.
- LOOK AFTER YOUR LEGS: Reduce the pain of varicose veins, arthritis, post surgery recovery and shin splints with SocksLane mild compressive stockings. Feel instantly energized and banish swelling and fatigue for good. Our antiembolic stockings boost oxygen levels, enhance stamina, and improve blood flow for better performance whether you're at home, running or exploring the great wide world.
- PROGRESSIVE STRETCH TECHNOLOGY: These non-binding, supportive socks stay up, and fit perfectly all day long, neither too long or too tight, there's no chafing. Their extra-large cuff, superior choice of materials and reinforced seams ensure long-lasting durability, wash after wash. Finally, a pair of compression stockings that are naturally kind on your skin.
- THE HIGHEST REORDER RATE IN THE INDUSTRY: Our Clients Come Back and Order Again, we are a small company and we are proud of what we do. We do not compromise on quality or service and you can reach us anytime if you have a doubt or a problem. Read the reviews and judge for yourself, they are all from real people like you. Order now and start enjoying the best cotton compression socks on the market.
SocksLane cotton compression Socks are designed for the nurse who prefers natural fibers to itchy synthetic materials, they are made of an exclusive cotton blend that is hypoallergenic, breathable, and durable. Each pair is carefully crafted to provide the support your legs need during long shifts, stay put all day and be comfortable, even after many, many hours. Pick up a pair or two today!
More Awesome Compression Socks for Nurses
Compression Socks for Men & Women, BEST Graduated Athletic Fit for Running, Nurses, Shin Splints, Flight Travel, & Maternity Pregnancy. Boost Stamina, Circulation, & Recovery – Includes FREE EBook!Nurse Mates Women’s 12-14 Mmhg Compression Trouser Sock EkgGo2 Compression Socks for Women and Men Athletic Running Socks for Nurses Medical Graduated Nursing Compression Socks for Travel Running Sports Socks!! (Blue Polka Dot, Medium)Graduated Compression Socks for Sports Running Circulation Flight Travel Nurses & Recovery – Men(Shoe Size:6.5-11) & Women(Shoe Size:8-12) – BlackCompression Socks (Ocean Stripes M/ 20-30mmHg) Men & Women Fun Running Casual Socks4 Pairs Dr. Motion Therapeutic Graduated Compression Women’s Knee-hi Socks (WCOMP-SL10)CompressionZ Below Knee High Compression Socks (1 Pair), 20-30mmHg, Large – BlackPremium 20-30 mmHg Compression Socks for Nurses Medical Graduated Nursing Compression Socks Women Men Athletic Running Travel Recovery Doc Miller (Black/Blue, Large)
Like the other compression stockings we’ve included, these have 20-30mmhg of graduated compression. This makes them great for prevention and treatment of varicose veins, wear during travel, and keeping your legs and feet from aching during a 12 hours shift.
What brand and style of compression socks do you wear?
Download Nurse Bingo Today!
Liven up any shift with a fun game of bingo. See who can fill a row first!
Fill a whole card and lose grip with reality.
Your privacy is protected. We will never spam you.