There is no single act or event that potential nurses fear more than taking the NCLEX. There’s just something absolutely terrifying about a test that is the the final barrier to nursing licensure. I mean, it can make or break your career and life plans. It’s bad enough you’ve got to struggle through 2 years of nursing school with impossible to answer test questions, 50 lbs of books, and many long sleepless nights. But now, after you’ve triumphed over all of that, you’ve got to take a computerized test that seems like it’s aim is to crush any confidence you have in your nursing aptitude.
But personally, I think the NCLEX shouldn’t be as scary as nursing students make it out to be. You’ve trained hard to learn the material and you’ve had hands on experienced in clinical. And even though you don’t have years of experience it’s really not a problem when taking the NCLEX because it’s meant to evaluate your the nursing knowledge you should have at the entry level.
So why are nursing students afraid of the NCLEX?
I think it’s the fear of the unknown. Nursing students just don’t know what they’re up against. They aren’t sure what the questions will be like, what the room will smell like, if the chair will be comfortable, what they will do if they need to use the bathroom, what they will do if the Zombie Apocalypse breaks out when they’re on question 60. You know, the usual questions of any nursing student who has learned awesome critical thinking skills.
Luckily, there is something to address at least one of those unknown fears. Apps like NCLEX Mastery will you nursing students an opportunity to see exactly what NCLEX questions will be like. It provides loads of practice questions so you can really feel confident when you take the NCLEX.
Here are the benefits of the full version of the app:
- 1600 meticulously crafted NCLEX Questions with rationales and pictures
- 350 pharmacology questions
- Content based on past NCLEX questions
- The most comprehensive list of NCLEX mnemonics on the market
- Practice quizzes
- Detailed test taking and study strategies
- In depth statistics that display your strengths and weaknesses
- Built in timer so you know how long you are taking per question
- Retina display graphics
So far the Nclex Mastery App has accomplished the following:
- received 250,000+ downloads
- Top 3 grossing educational app in the iStore
- Top grossing educational app in Google Play
- Over 1 million practice questions viewed
And received the following Honors and Awards:
- Silicon Prairie News Mobile App of the Year
- Silicon Prairie News Innovation of the Year
- Technology Association of Iowa Mobile App of the Yea
But my personal favorite thing about this app is that they offer a 200% money back guarantee if you don’t pass the NCLEX. That’s pretty high confidence in their product.
But don’t take my word for it, check out the app yourself and see what you think. You can download NCLEX Mastery for RN or LPN on iTunes or Android (PN and RN). There is a free version, but to get all the goodies, an in-app purchase is required, but it’s cheaper than most NCLEX review books. You can also find more information about the NCLEX Mastery app by going to www.nclexmastery.com or checking out their facebook and twitter.
Don’t forget, you can also win a copy for free in our 2014 Nurses Week Giveaway.