Nurses are generally known to be hard workers who are on their feet all day attending to the needs of others. Since they’re “on the go” most of the time, they need equipment that will work as hard as they do – including their lunch bags! You can’t just use any old brown bag as a nurse lunch bag. The perfect nurse lunch bag has features that go perfectly well with most nurses’ routines, hold those delicious nurse lunches, and here are some of them:
Best Features of the Perfect Nurse Lunch Bag
1. It should place an emphasis on comfort and convenience.
The perfect nurse lunch box should have features that deliver comfort because nurses already have a lot on their plate to begin with. Some of these nice-to-have features that provide comfort include:
- Shoulder straps. Shoulder straps are great for when you need to grab it in a hurry while carrying other things as well, which is an all-too-familiar scene for a lot of nurses.
- Hand straps. Hand straps are a good alternative to shoulder straps because you can at the very least slip your hands through it and carry it without too much effort. If you’re in a hurry, this VIPbuy lunch bag’s handy hand strap is a cinch to grip.
- Lightweight material. The perfect nurse lunch box is ideally lightweight like the neoprene Microbes food carrier – it should weigh practically next to nothing empty before you fill it up with your food for the day.
- Zippers. The best lunch bag for nurses should have zippers like this one in order to access the contents easily. Zippers also assure you that your nurse lunch bag won’t accidentally open and spill out the contents.
2. It should be easy to maintain and keep clean.
Nurses are professionally trained at keeping things sterile, so the same must be said about the way they maintain and clean their nurse lunch bag. The best lunch bag for nurses should have features that make it hassle-free to clean and maintain, such as:
- Stain-resistant or waterproof material. Plastic-lined lunch bags like this waterproof polyester lined one is easy to clean with a quick wipe with a tissue or a cleaning rag. Since the material doesn’t absorb oils and sauces, this type of nurse lunch bag is also less prone to smells and attracting bugs and insects.
- Machine washable fabric. Cleaning a nurse’s insulated lunch bag shouldn’t take hours of your time, so a machine-washable one like the BUILT Gourmet Getaway tote is a good idea. You are assured of a deeper clean in a washing machine than by trying to scrub it by hand.
- Has removable liners and compartments for deep cleaning. If you buy a nurse lunch bag that can’t be wholly thrown in the washing machine, it should at least have removable parts that can be washed, like the hardliner on this Coleman heavy duty lunch bag. These are usually the parts that have direct contact with your food and containers and are most likely to be soiled.
3. It should offer a variety of compartments for everything a nurse needs to bring.
The best lunch bag for nurses are the ones that offer nifty pockets and compartments that hold enough food to last them throughout the longest (and most stressful) shifts. The compartments are great for keeping things organized, so nurses don’t spend so much time rummaging through their packs for what they need to eat during their precious ten-minute breather in between shifts:
- It has a main compartment for your biggest meals. A good nurse lunch bag should have space to accommodate most lunch boxes like this double-deck one from Opux, which are used to carry the nurse’s main meal/s for the day.
- Has sections for segregating snack items. Ideally, the best lunch bag for nurses has sections to further organize a nurse’s food for the day so she can easily reach out for the exact food that she wants to eat at a specific time of day. This lovely lunch bag from Wiselife has pockets aplenty for your crackers, juices, and more!
- Incorporates insulation. A nurse insulated lunch bag help keep certain foods fresh or hot for longer, such as hot soups or chilled foods, without affecting other foodstuffs in it. This Prisms insulated tote will keep your food either warm or cool for longer periods.
4. The perfect nurse lunch bag is durable and lasts for many years.
The best lunch bag for nurses are the ones that they can rely on for a long time so they get more value for their money. The durability factor must be reliable on a daily basis to ensure that they don’t have to attend to the hassle of a broken strap or a ripped flap.
- Made out of durable, rip-resistant fabric. Heavy nylon is a great option that offers durability, but other fabrics like neoprene hold up pretty well, too. This ripstop option from MarsBro will be one you can depend on for years to come.
- Reinforced zippers and straps. Zippers and straps should have reinforcements like double stitching or metal parts that make them sturdier than the usual kind. This shoulder-strapped and zippered option from BALORAY is a grab n’ go (and throw) food container any nurse will love.
5. The best lunch bag for nurses should also be nice to look at!
Function aside, it’s also nice to have cute nurse lunch bags that perk up even the gloomiest of days. Don’t underestimate the power of cute nurse lunch bags to give you a little lift, because everything that can give a perk-me-up when a shift is extra stressful will help!
- Nice prints and stylish colors that stand out. There are lots of cute nurse lunch bags in a variety of patterns and colorways which can also show one’s personality or style. Furthermore, these will help you quickly spot your own nurse lunch bag from a pile. PACKIT offers a variety of prints and patterns for the discerning nurse who wants a lunch bag with style.
- Sleekly designed. The best lunch bag for nurses should also be designed in such a way that it won’t keep bumping on your body or is in danger of toppling over. Look for a nurse insulated lunch bag that has a flat bottom and an even balance of compartments without compromising roominess! This structured OPUX premium lunch bag has multiple carry options to suit your every need.
Since no two nurses are alike, each one will have their own special preference when choosing the best lunch bag for nurses. If you’re looking to purchase a nurse lunch bag for someone you know, this list is a great way to evaluate the options that are readily available to you. Hopefully, you find the one that has the greatest features for the budget you have for it. There are many quality options in your local store, on Amazon, Etsy and the like – so have fun looking for the one that you think is the best fit!
More Resources for Nurse Lunch Bags:
- 7 Best Work Bags for Nurses
- 5 Things You’ll Find in Any Nurse Bag
- 20 Quick and Easy Packable Lunches for Nurses
Lokass Lunch Bags for Women Wide Open Insulated Lunch Box With Double Deck Large Capacity Cooler Tote Bag With Removable Shoulder Strap Lunch Organizer For Men/Outdoor/Work(Grey)LOKASS Lunch Bag Cooler Bag Women Tote Bag Insulated Lunch Box Water-resistant Thermal Lunch Bag Soft Liner Lunch Bags for women/Picnic/Boating/Beach/Fishing/Work (Peony)Fred E.M.T. (Emergency Meal Transport) Insulated Lunch ToteMeal Prep Lunch Bag / Box For Men, Women + 3 Large Food Containers (45 Oz.) + 2 Big Reusable Ice Packs + Shoulder Strap + Shaker With Storage. Insulated Lunchbox Cooler Tote. Adult Portion Control SetLunch Bags For Women,Insulated Lunch Box Tote Bag Lunch Organizer Lunch Holder For Men/Beach/Party/Boating/Office/Fishing/Picnic (Purple)Lunch Bags for Women Men Reusable Insulated Thermal Lunch Bag Large 13