If you notice someone around you is having a stroke, don’t poke their fingers with needles.
If someone is exhibiting symptoms of a stroke, CALL 911!
ZDoggMD sent out an emergency broadcast to help debunk a false facebook video. He describes why this concept is entirely false and will cost people their lives in the video below.
The viral video below has been viewed over 29 million times. This video suggests that merely pricking fingers with a needle will cure a stroke.
Take Charge of Your Nursing Career
Your first year as a nurse is daunting. You need someone in your corner telling you what your managers really need from you, helping you learn to interact with your preceptor, and really just manage your life. Find all that an more with the FreshRN VIP - Membership.I'm Ready to Thrive
The transcript of the video is here:
A needle can save a patient’s life from a stroke. This advice is from a Chinese professor who says that we all need to keep a needle or a syringe in the house. This is an amazing and unconventional way to help a man survive a stroke. Share this advice to help someone survive! Take the time to read it. You never know when someone’s life may depend on you.
When one gets a stroke — the capillaries of the brain are gradually tearing. This requires rest and immediate first aid. These tips will help you save someone’s life!
Be calm. Regardless of where the victim is, do not move, because if you move the patient, the capillaries will burst and it will lead to brain bleeding! It would be best if you have a needle of a syringe at home, otherwise a sewing needle will be of help as well.
- Keep the needle — over the fire, a lighter or candle to sterilize it and then use it to prick the tips of all 10 fingers.
- There is no specific acupuncture, it should only be a few millimeters from the nail.
- Prick in a way that the blood can flow.
- If blood does not start to drip, tighten and start squeezing in order to make the blood flow.
- When all 10 fingers begin to bleed, wait a few minutes — you will see that the victim will come back to life!
- If the victim’s mouth is distorted, massage his ears until they become red – which means blood has reached there.
- Then prick the needle in the soft part of each ear, to fall two drops of blood from each ear. A few minutes later, the mouth would no longer be distorted.
Wait until the victim comes to normal, without any unusual symptoms, and then send him/ her to the hospital.
This method of bloodshed to save the life is part of the traditional Chinese medicine, and the practical application of this method has proven it to be 100% efficient, since it helps people survive strokes
DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
What to Do If Someone is Having a Stroke
If you suspect someone is having a stroke, look for FAST.
- Facial drooping: A section of the face, usually only on one side, that is drooping and hard to move. This can be recognized by a crooked smile.
- Arm weakness: The inability to raise one’s arm fully
- Speech difficulties: An inability or difficulty to understand or produce speech
- Time: If any of the symptoms above are showing, time is of the essence; call the emergency services or go to the hospital.
Share this post with your friends and family, so they know that the correct thing to do during a stroke is to call 911.