We have the solution you have been waiting for!
WASH YOUR HANDS.
Don’t make this weird.
Other Corona Virus Prevention Tips
Is it really that simple? No. But, handing washing is the big one. A study has shown that Corona Virus can live on some surfaces for up to 72 hours, so the major risk is in touching a surface that is contaminated. You can then infect yourself or transfer the virus to other surfaces are people.
After you’ve increased your handwashing frequency and length, here are additional ways you can prevent getting and spreading the disease:
- Wash your hands. Then wash them again. If you think you’ve washed them long enough, wash them more. You need to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, which feels like forever. But do it anyway. Seriously – don’t be like Gary V (He never washes his hands).
- If you absolutely can’t wash your hands, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, but seriously, wash your hands it at all possible.
- Avoid touching your face (Eyes, Nose, and Mouth – especially)
- Avoid large gatherings
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often
- Avoid contact with people who are infected or who have risk factors for infection
Prevention tips courtesy of the CDC.
How is Corona Virus Spread
Corona Virus is spread through direct contact or droplets. You should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from individuals who may be infected, have risk facts for infection, or you don’t know their background. Unless you know a person’s background, travel history, and day to day activity, a good rule of thumb is to assume they are infected and avoid physical contact or close quarters.
You can catch COVID-19 by touching a surface that has been contaminated and then touching your face, mouth, or nose. You can also become infected by inhaling droplets from the cough or sneeze of an infected individual.
How to Avoid Spreading Corona Virus
- Continue to practice all prevention techniques
- Stay home if you are sick
- Frequently disinfect all surfaces
- Wear a face mask to avoid spreading droplets
- Do not use reusable handkerchiefs or clothes
- Throw away tissues immediately
More Resources and Information
- COVID-19 Course from Nursing.com
- CoronaVirus.gov – Information provided by the CDC
- Current State of the Coronavirus Pandemic – Data Visualization
- Corona Virus – World Health Organization
Prevent Corona Virus
The information on how to prevent Corona Virus provided above is based on known information at the time of the publication of this article. This is for information purposes only and is not medical advice. Consult with your primary care provider or another medical professional if you believe you are infected with Corona Virus. You play a vital role in the efforts to prevent Corona virus. Do not take the responsibility lightly.